Saturday, January 16, 2010

Runaway Bride

The poem below is a sequel of my earlier post, In bended knee. This was written about a year after the first poem as part of a school project. It was my second year in highschool when this particular poem came about.

Runaway Bride

I was walking down the aisle
then suddenly my heart beats fast
Isn't this the special day
that I have longed at last?
Then why do I have this feeling
this dread creeping in my heart
Isn't this the special day
the day my happiness will start

Is it just my imagination?
this ugly feeling inside
When I reach my destination
will ths dreadful feeling reside?
Stopping for a minute,
I looked at my destination
My soon-to-be husband looked
and smiled with anticipation

The people in the pews
seemed like a blur to me
Thn again my heart beats fast
it just wouldn't let me be
Oh, please ny friend, forgive me
for you I will never betray
But it's not love that brought us here
in this fateful day

I ran away.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment